I founded Root(2) to teach aspiring business school students advanced problem-solving methods that incorporate the latest scientific research in psychology and decision making. Students who are just beginning their GMAT preparation and students who have already prepared for the GMAT with other test-prep companies have improved their scores significantly through my private mentoring service.
You can think of me as a GMAT doctor. I teach the skills that 700-800 scorers use to perform so well.
Root(2) teaches skills that are helpful on every Math and Verbal question:
- Deductive logic: Determine the correct answer choice without proving the answer is correct.
- Contrarian thinking: Strengthen your answer choices by questioning the assumptions that might be wrong.
- Understanding of psychological biases: Avoid mistakes. Anticipate how your mind will incorrectly simplify information.
- Game theory: Understand how to best game the computer-adaptive test to maximize your score.
- Mathematical intuition: Increase speed and improve accuracy. Learn how to estimate correct answers when precise calculations are difficult or time consuming.
For more information about my GMAT services, including pricing, methods, and past results, please see the GMAT Prep Overview page. If you want help determining whether Root(2) is right for you, please see the sample problem and read the explanation thoroughly.
My office hours are 12PM to 9PM weekdays, plus some weekends. My office is located on Lafayette Street near NYU in Lower Manhattan. For directions, please click here.
All mentoring services are provided by Seth Hurwitz.